Saturday, February 5, 2011

God is Bigger, Right?

After the week my family has endured I am just in awe at God's grace and mercy for us.  On the good side I have lost 10 more pounds in 2 weeks. Only 8 more pounds left and I will be at my second goal!  This week was a week from hell.  A therapist that had been working with Mo childlined us to CYF.  She falsely accused us of hoarding and have feces throughout our house. She accused us of keeping our kids at home for school because we were being paid. (I still would like to know who is paying us.) She also said we were socially isolating our children and refused to lock our rifles.

  So let me set the record straight...We did have some clutter and the house was in need of a good spring cleaning but the social worker from CYF said the house was ok.( 3 dear friends came out yesterday and helped me spring clean)  She also didn't think we were socially isolating our children. No feces in the house (that is gross)!  We did lock our rifles up and the social worker took pictures of the locks. 

We are so confused as to why the therapist lied to CYF about us.  Doug's job could be in jeopardy due to an open case with CYF.  His agency works for them and this could pose a problem even if the accusations are unfounded.  Our reputations have been tarnished and we are seeking legal council to help us through this.  When I spoke with the therapist's boss she told me that the things I told her was not what the therapist told her.  There were many things in the report that were not discussed. I know that God allows things to happen to us to teach us things and for His glory. I know he will work this out, but I have to admit that this is one of the scariest things I have had to deal with.  I am still quite angry that these lies have been spread about us. 

Please keep our family in prayer as we go through this.  Mo is without a therapist for a couple weeks and Doug's job is in limbo.  We are not sure what to do legally. It is just a mess.

4 comments:

  1. That is awful. I would be livid! I hate when people assume that homeschooled kids are socially hindered. It just isn't true. I have a book I can lend you about the social benefits of homeschooling... And I will definitely pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ladies. I think the therapist is going to lose her job. Her boss was not happy. I just am not sure what we are going to do. At least my friends from Bible study came over and My house is clean and rid of the bit of clutter it had. God is in control and I know that but sometimes it is hard to remember that when you are in the thick of it. Your prayers are appreciated.

    One other thing... The stress is making it hard for me to eat. Which is not good. Pray I can find peace and not get myself sick. I need to get enough protein a day and I am struggling because of nauseousness. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as an added note the Sermon this weekend at church was "Jesus is Bigger!!!" Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete