Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Second car and the headaches it caused

Well the last week has been full of excitement and frustrations. We decided on 2/12/11 to buy a 1998 Ford Windstar. It drove well and was the right price. A day later the door dinger would not stop dinging and the engine lite came on. I took it to Herky Miller who told me to take it back and get my money back. I couldn't. PA does not have a law that lets you take back a used car within a time range. So the dealer told me to take it to their garage which is out past Irwin. I did and they said it has a bad cylinoid and it needs the secondary computer that controls all the electrical components of the van.  I said there was no way I was paying for this and the dealer agreed to pay for that. The parts were ordered. The next day I drove my mom around doing her errands. We were going up her hill and the van just quit. I knew it was the alternator and had it towed back to Irwin. A new alternator was installed and was covered under the warranty we purchased. The next day the van wouldn't start. We needed a new battery. So we have decided that God just wanted to get the van in working order before we own it very long.  We are still waiting for the 2 parts. I know God gave us this van and He is in control but my anxiety levels have been quite high after getting stranded twice. It is nice to have wheels and get things done without relying on Doug for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment