Sunday, February 6, 2011

This is not what I had in mind

     As s mother of a special needs child with mental health issues, I am getting to my point of exhaustion. The behaviors we as a family have to endure lately is just more than I can handle.  Today was a regular day with her disregarding the rules and doing as she pleases.  We usually put her in her room, but we just wanted to go to a Steeler party and be with some adults.  That is all I wanted really. As the night wore on she was getting tired and I should have known this was just asking too much of her, but there were 10 kids there so I thought she would be fine. As I walked into the kitchen at the end of the game I heard "you stupid girl!!!!!" Which was my son sccreaming at his sister.  He came down and told us that his sister "roped" him around the neck and pulled real hard. He has a rope burn around his neck. After some prying she told us that she was mad that he interuppted her play with one of the little kids.
      I just don't know what to do anymore and I just feel alone and like no one understands the stress we are under. I am starting to hate life.  This is not supposed to be this hard.  Not many of my friends understand the stress that we deal with each and every day. I have never been a quitter, but somedays I just want off the ride.  I feel like I am leaving my other kid down because he usually is the one that gets hurt when she gets mad.  I am supposed to protect my kids and all I do is fix the wounds in the end.  Please just keep us in your prayers as we see where this road leads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment